The term of the service means the period of time stated on the label or packaging for that particular Product from the date of purchase from SYNWOOD or any Authorized Distributor.
Please refer to the following details regarding SYNWOOD Australia Pty Ltd (“Synwood”) warranty against defects.
Subject to this warranty and the Warranty Claim Procedure, SYNWOOD warrants that the product is free of manufacturing or material defects for a term of ten years from the date of purchase.
Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You have rights to replace for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
SYNWOOD will replace any defective product free of charge in the event that:
The defect does not arise from:
- Improper installation, maintenance or handling of the product and/or failure to abide by SYNWOOD’s installation or maintenance guidelines, including but not limited to improper gapping;
- Use of the product contrary to local building regulations;
- Movement, distortion, collapse or settling of the ground or the supporting structure on which the product is installed;
- Any act of God (including flooding, earthquake, lightning and any other naturally occurring environmental or other disasters);
- Staining from foreign substances (including dirt, grease, oil and any other substance);
- Normally expected exposure to natural elements, including but not limited to mildew or mold;
- Gradual discoloration (including fading and staining);
- Ordinary wears and tears;
- This warranty is not transferable; it applies only to the consumer that purchased the product from the retailer or manufacturer.
- SYNWOOD reserves the right to replace defective parts of the product with parts and components of similar quality, grade, and composition where an identical part or component is not available. Warranty Claim Procedure In order to claim a warranty on any of SYNWOOD’s products you must follow the procedure outlined below:
- Send written notification to the place of purchase within 30 days from the discovery of the alleged defect, including the following details:
- At any time in the investigation, SYNWOOD may request the assistance of engineers, scientists or any other party SYNWOOD deems appropriate to verify the claim. If the claim is proven, SYNWOOD, at its discretion will repair or replace the product on a case by case basis or alternatively provide a refund for the quantity found to be defective. Warranty exclusions
- This warranty against manufacturing defects does not extend to cover:
- SYNWOOD is made by and reclaimed timber with recycled plastics (HDPE). Whilst every care is taken to ensure consistency, natural and immaterial variances will occur from one board to the other in appearance and performance. Natural and immaterial variances are not a fault of the product and, accordingly, no warranty is provided in respect of any such variation.